How to Tweet
- Go to Twitter.com. On the right, find the “New to Twitter? Join today!” heading, and fill in the spaces with your name and email, then choose a password. Afterwards, click “Sign up.”
- On the next page, select a username – you can use the one that Twitter will automatically suggest to you or pick one you like. Then click “Create my account.
- Once you have created an account, you will be given the option of selecting interests on Twitter. If you’re only interested in following BAC, you can click “Next Step: Friends” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will then be given the option of finding friends on Twitter. Type “IUBAC” into the search window at the top of the page, then click “Search.”
- When “IUBAC” comes up in the search, click on the “+Follow” button to the right of the name.
You are now following BAC on Twitter!
How to Use Twitter Mobile
- Go to Twitter.com. Enter your username and password and click “Sign in.”
- In the right-hand column, find the “Get Twitter on your phone” heading. Underneath that heading, click “Set up mobile notifications.” (Note: If you have a smartphone – a BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, or similar – you can click on “Download a Twitter application to your phone.”)
- Select your country, enter your cell phone number – don’t forget to decide whether you want to be searchable by number – and click “Start.”
- The next step is to verify your phone. Per the instructions on the page, use the cell phone you entered to text “GO” to the number 40404. In a few minutes, you will receive a text message back to confirm your verification.
- On the next page, you can adjust your mobile settings:
- Check the first box to get a text message when select Twitter friends (you will be able to choose which ones) put out a Tweet.
- Check the second box to get a text message when someone messages you directly on Twitter.
- Check the third box to get a text message when someone mentions you or replies to your Tweets, then choose whether this applies only to friends or to all Twitter users.
- Check the fourth box to turn off text message Twitter notifications overnight or at any times you don’t want to be disturbed.
When you have selected your preferences, click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Next, click “Home” at the top of the page.
- Your home page will now show your Twitter Timeline – a list of the latest Tweets by all your Twitter friends, including BAC. Click on “IUBAC” in that list.
- In the right-hand frame, you will see BAC’s profile. A green box that says “Following” indicates that you are current following BAC’s Tweets. Search for the mobile phone icon next to that box.
- If the mobile phone icon is grey, that means you are not receiving text message updates on BAC’s Tweets. Click on the icon to make it green. When you hold your mouse over the icon, Twitter will tell you that “Tweets from this user are sent to your mobile phone.”
You will now receive BAC Tweets as text messages on your cell phone!