Current Members

BAC members can create a free Member Portal account to access important information about the Union’s news, member benefits and services, and member rights and responsibilities. Members can also review their membership information on Member Portal.

The Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) guarantees certain rights to union members and imposes certain responsibilities on union officers. See Union Member Rights and Officer Responsibilities

BAC Website Login

Members are encouraged to create a free login account to Member Portal to access to members only information. You will use the same account username and password to log in our website to access news for members only. 

Member Portal

Member Portal is a secure web system where members can access their demographic and contact information, IU membership information,  job information, recent work history, pension benefits and health benefits, and so on.

BAC Regions & Locals

Are you looking for information about a specific Local near you? Here is a list of Region and Local contact information for you. You can filter the list of Locals by country and state/province. 

Current Member FAQ

If you are still having trouble finding an answer, please explore our Frequently Asked Questions below.

Does BAC offer any scholarships to children or grandchildren of members?

The International Union has two scholarship programs: the U.S. Bates Scholarship and the Canadian Bates Scholarship. These scholarships are open to children of BAC members (in good standing) of U.S. and Canadian BAC Locals, respectively. Grandchildren are not eligible for these scholarships. The requirements differ for each program.

Please visit the U.S. Bates Scholarship Program for further information.

Please visit the Canadian Bates Scholarship Program for further information.

Why haven’t I been receiving the BAC Journal?

If you recently changed your address we may not have your updated contact information. Please be sure to double check your address and update it if necessary via the BAC Member Portal or by speaking with the Membership Records Department at 1-888-880-8222. The BAC Journal is published on a quarterly basis.

Is there any work available in my area?

You can check for available work using the BAC Job Network, which is available via the Member Portal. The BAC Job Network is a bulletin board-style system that allows Locals and ADCs to post job opportunities when there is a lack of craftworkers in their respective areas. Each job posting includes information about the project location, what type of craftworker (e.g. bricklayer, tile setter, etc.) or specialty (e.g. refractory) is needed, how many craftworkers are needed, the total wage and benefit package, whether or not travel pay or a per diem will be provided, and the contact information for the area BAC representative.

Please visit to sign up for the BAC Member Portal.

Why and how do I pay my union dues?

Every active BAC member is required to pay dues as outlined in the Union's Constitution. These funds are used by your Local and the International Union to negotiate with employers for better wages, working conditions, and benefits for BAC members. Dues are also used to represent members on the job, to defend those who have been treated unfairly, to develop member programs and services, and to strengthen the unionized masonry-trowel trades industry. 

Please contact your BAC Local Union or BAC Administrative District Council (ADC) to pay your dues. If you do not know the phone number for your Local or ADC, please call the IU toll-free at 1-888-880-8222. You may also visit the Locals contact page for a list of Local/ADC websites.

BAC Regions & Locals

BAC membership is represented by Locals and Administrative District Councils (ADCs) in five regions – Northeast, North Central, South, West, and Canada.

Contact BAC

Please contact us if you have any questions.